Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday

Lots of little events make for a busy and nice weekend.

Friday Karen and I, with some help from Mel started to clean out and really just reorganize stuff in mom’s basement and try and decide what family might want and what should be garbage an DI. We just sort-of moved piles around. We did decide that her Cedar Chest will have to be emptied with her . It was suggested that the contents be brought to her so she can tell us what things are and why she saved them, and then possible write it down and take pictures of things.

That night we had he belated Birthday Party at the Old Spaghetti Factory for MOM. Most everyone was there. We were missing 5 grandkids & 1 great grandchild or we would have been complete. The food was great, the company even better and the cake was Yum.http://nothingbundtcakes.com/ It was also nice to see mom out of the care center for a change. She looked very nice in her new clothes and done hair. I hope she enjoyed herself too. Happy 75!
Sat. Kim worked long and hard in the yard. He is moving big rocks and has dug out a ton of dirt and has laid landscape fabric to put smaller rocks on top of. As we age our yard is becoming more and more weed free, because we don’t like to do yard maintenance and when I say we I mean him. I don't do yard work!
Jodi, Jessica and I went down to the Relief Society Conference in Salt Lake. Our stake like many others were given tickets. It was a very good and spiritual conference. The sister speakers gave great talks, but I must admit that Elder Uchtdorf was my favorite. He is fun to listen to and seemed easy to relate to and his stories made you laugh. I was glad we could go together. We did miss Mel, but she wasn’t feeling up to the night out and we did do a lot of walking to and from, my blistered foot is proof of that.

Funny story ! Our ward had a Wedding reception that night and the parents and girl are friends of ours so I really hated missing it. But Kim had said that he’d go, which meant, alone. I was supper impressed and very appreciative. I’ve had to go alone before, but I’m not sure is he ever has. So here’s the funny part. Our neighbor and friend, his wife was also going to the conference, called Kim and they went together and there they ran into a bunch of other ward member men, wifeless, and they apparently had a very nice time. Kim even told us the Wedding colors and what the refreshments were. Impressed again. Kim said he felt a little “gay” caring the nicely wrapped gift bag, but he was able to quickly hand it off. So REAL MEN aren’t afraid to step out of their comfort zones and do nice (feminine) things.
I am grateful for family ( I am sure I’ve said that before)










No comments: