Saturday, September 19, 2009

Un-Birthday

Who needs a reason for a party or just a get together? I guess I do.

Yesterday, the 18th, was mom's b-day. Ever since I had written it on my calender, at the first of the month, I have just kept thinking about it and what to do to celebrate her. So a few weeks ago I decided to have a birthday party in her honor. After inviting everyone, Hallie reminded me it was also dad's b-day on the the 16th, so we celebrated both. Dad has been gone 40 years so it was a date that wasn't fresh on my mind like mom's, so I really appreciated the reminder.








We had cake and ice cream,played a few games, visited and learned more about our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents. Almost everyone came. We did miss the 4 who couldn't make it and I wish them well.



But thanks everyone for humoring me and helping me celebrate the people who have ment so much in my life. Not just those who have passed, but everyone who is a part of my life. I love you all.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks LeeAnn. We had a nice time last night.

James said...

Thanks for a great party LeeAnn. I think we should do it again!