Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Finally here!

     I don't know why keeping this updated is so hard, but it is.

     So on Oct 10th I was admitted again for the 4 days of straight chemo.  I didn't have to worry about hair loss, because it was gone.  I just knew this time that I would hit rock bottom at so,e point.  But this time the Nupogen (immune builder) was started earlier.  But it still happened,  my WBC went to 0.6 instead of 0.1, but while I was getting fluid and having my labs drawn at the clinic Lisa RN came and told me my labs and I just started crying and said please don't let Dr. J admit me again, I just can't go back to the hospital.  I felt bad because I took her so off guard, and she went and talked with the Dr. and told him what I said, so if I would go into the clinic everyday and get my shots and blood infusions I could stay home, and of-course I said yes.  I went through the weakness again and nausea and diarrhea but I was home, which didn't make Kim feel good, he doesn't like being in charge like that.  Plus that same week he had 2 funerals in the ward so I needed to rely on friends and kids, but I got through it and back to work within 3 weeks.

      Once back to work I was told by me Dr. that I was in remission!  That was very confusing to hear.  But it only really meant that I was in the perfect position to now have the Stem Cell performed.  He had been talking with the team at LDS hospital and they agreed.  So appts. were being set up for me to be seen again and get the process started.  I had another bone marrow biopsy and was told again I was in remission, so lets go!!!!!

     So here I am.  I was admitted on Nov. 29th.  I have received my 2 lethal doses of chemo, lethal if not countered with my stem cells, antibiotics and immune builders,  Soon my bone marrow will stop producing RBC, WBC's and all the normal infection fighting antigens that is produced there.

     I will feel the chemo affects on day 4-6, but being here they will treat with medications to help get through the rough times and try to keep me eating and hydrated, and will give infusions as needed of blood and platelets.
 
    But between the last round of chemo and now we have had lots of love and family fun and support and kindness from lots of family and friends.

Pumpkin carving, which I wasn't able to attend, but I'm so glad they did it anyway, hosted at Melanie's home.

Jodi's Pirate family for Halloween!

 A first for mom Melanie, Kate and her friend cut each others hair, she now has an adorable little bob cut.
 A few letters to Santa.
     Celebrated Hyrum's #8 and Kate's early #6 birthdays.
Margot learning to sit up.

Thanksgiving at Karen's, we were a smaller group then normal but we had a nice time and she did a great job.

We celebrated Burton's #1 birthday at his grandma Sue's home.  It was fun to see him get excited about new toys but not get much play time, until the next morning,  because he has too many bigger cousins who insisted on trying them out first.

Our First Baptism.  Hyrum was so handsome and sweet.  He had lots of family and friends attend.  I felt very blessed that they could do it a Saturday early so that I could attend and I was privileged to be asked to give the Holy Ghost talk.  I have a strong testimony of the Holy Ghost and that if we stay in tuned we can hear and receive it's promptings every day, in every part of our lives, not just choosing right from wrong, but having comfort in the choices we have made and the struggles we might be going through.

We went to Temple Square with some of the family and as we were walking through I said to Kim "I wonder when I will feel this good again and have this kind of energy"  I know it will be awhile, but I know I am blessed even though I feel very scared.  Kim and the boys gave me a very sweet blessing before being admitted and I will continue to ask for the Lords help to be positive through out this process.  I know I am loved and watched over by a caring Father in Heaven.

And I got my tree up.


 

No comments: