Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Roomies

This has been a fun, and eventful 6 months. 
Kim and I took in room-mates for a few weeks and I have really really loved it.  I've had someone to talk to most nights, with Kim he is often gone, Jodi and Stella have been great companions.  Trevor will talk too, but I still think he'd rather not. They were able to have their private space in the basement rooms and I never once heard Stella, Jodi or Trevor cry at night.  

Stella had such an eventful pre-birth and birth, it has been a blessing too have her close.  All our kids and grand kids are a blessing and I love having them in our lives as much as possible.  I've just tried not think about them moving away, and being able to watch the changes, but this will be a blessing for them, and a great experience for their family.

 I've had other mom's say things like my daughter would never move away from me, I wouldn't "allow" my kids to move out of state, really?  I wouldn't be able to stand it if my kids moved, anyway on and on.  I've thought a lot about this, and I wouldn't want my kids to think I thought this way.  Because I did with mom.  

Mom never came right out and said "don't ever move", she would never do that, she only wanted what was best for all of us, but deep down somewhere I felt that way, that I couldn't leave.  I put that on Kim also.  He tells me he has always wanted to stay, but I am pretty sure that was not the case.  With his job, to move up and make more money meant moving around.  He watched guys do the moving thing and left debt behind, with homes that didn't sell, kids that could'nt move, wives who were frustrated.   Plus I always felt I needed or wanted to work.  There have been so many factors that have played into our lives, so here we are, and I am Happy, I always pray the others are too. 

Bottom line I will not put any pressure on my kids.  Jodi knows this is a sad but exciting time for all of us.  What a thoughtful plan the lord had in store for us with families.  



            

No comments: