Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stuff that goes on.

  NEW JOB after 18 years in the same place, with the same type of patients. You would think that that would mean not much change, but that of-course is not true, not true at all. I was comfortable in my position, probably knew a lot, would teach even more and learned something new almost every day. I was in a leadership position, with OK perks, like less weekends, less holidays, ceilinged pay, had somewhat of a voice in how things were done. But I changed anyway. NO weekends, NO holidays, easy to get days off if needed, better pay and room to grow, not so much of a voice, but I am trusted to make decisions for my patients, without a lot of close supervision. So wish me luck, I’m happy and still learning tons of new information every day and getting comfortable, and gaining confidence.

Changes at home. Kim hates, hates, remodeling, but I am always thinking of the next big change. I have slowed down in my later years. I now I hate messes, and we’re not sure how much more we should invest into our home. But with that said Kim did a great job on the new fireplace front and TV installation. Now we are just waiting for the new Gas Fire-place insert, which may be closer to fall, but it looks nice and I love the new furniture.

 New Knees. Kim has been suffering with bad knees for way too long. So he did it, first the right knee then the left, I hope and pray that he does well, he is very determined to get back to doing the things he love, without pain. He has still hiked, but with pain and he never really knew if he’d be able to get back down the hill. Now if he can just get the braces off and enjoy a Texas Roadhouse Stake I think he'll be good for awhile.



Big move. Taking Jodi’s family to Roseville, CA was hard. She has a lovely home, not everything she wants, but she will make it cozy and comfortable, not only for her family, but for friends, and those dang pesty relatives. She has already embraced the ward and will do the same with all the eateries. Trevor has taken precautions for the unwanted pests that might roam near-by also. Thank goodness for Face-time, instragram, text, and emails, or else I wouldn’t have allowed them to take Stella with them.


I love my family, the gospel; I’m having a good time in primary, being with the grandkids and any activity that will bring everyone together. The 4th - Flints going away party was so much fun, and almost everyone could come. I know if mom and dad are watching they are happy that their children have stayed close and enjoy being together. I hope it last forever.

No comments: