Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Busy Month

When people say "I just don't know where the (month) went" I usually think they are so silly, but I seriously don't know here July went.  I do have pictures to prove I was here.  We started out in California with Jodi and her family, previous post, and then right into Kim's surgery.
He has done amazing.  Someone told him he's making it look too easy, but he would tell you it has not been easy.  He learned with #1 that he did too much, so the second time around he has followed Dr. and wife orders to rest more and keep them up.

       Resting and wathcing TV is something he HATES.  He and we have watched a lot of Movies, but I think he might be hooked on HGTV.  He likes the remodeling shows, the flipping homes and especially the House Hunters International.  I offered to teach him crocheting but he declined.  He has done a lot of reading, but pain pills make it hard to concentrate.
 
 But they are healing great and he is faithful to do his exercise and follow the home Physical Therapy suggestions, he is anxious to get back to work.  He has a 70 year old co-worker who had one knee 6 weeks ago and had an absolutely horrible time,   he has come to see Kim after both surgeries and is so jealous and is not  looking forward to his #2 this week.  But age and being fit before hand plays a lot into it and Kim had both going for him.

 In between all this it was also his birthday.  His actual day was very quiet and simple, just dinner and cake with his mom.  We celebrated the week before with all the kids, at our bi-weekly Sunday dinners.  I forgot to take pictures.

 The 24th was a real nice and relaxing day too.  The kids and Mel and I visited Kim and then meet Gordon and Jessica at a fun little park near the river.  Shade, toys, water and a few snacks what a perfect morning.

 Later in the evening, still light, Mel and I did a few fireworks with the kids.  Kate is not a fan of the noise, but Hyrum just wanted more and more.  For big kids it would not of been considered much, but for a         4 1/2 year old they were sure exciting.





 I have no idea why the boys have such silly expressions, except they were asked to pose for yet another picture, on a Sunday no less, in church clothes, but Kim and were in their ward Sunday to be a part of each of them being set apart for new callings.  Matt as Second Counselor and scout master in the young men's organization and Gordon as the Second Council  in the Bishopric.  They are both terrific young men who have alot to offer those who they will serve, and they have beautiful and amazing wives.  My prayers are with them along with my daughters and their families. 

I've blessed beyond measure and I pray that I am always worthy and and show my thanks for my blessings.

No comments: