Saturday, January 12, 2008

Never the End

I have had more than 3 weeks off work and sort of still got paid. Monday I have to go back to the work grind, and I'm not very happy about it. I got called off on Christmas Eve so I haven't worked since Dec. 21st. But of-course I had knee surgery on the 27th which is why I had so much time off.
When ever I think about not working for a long time I always think I will get so much done. And when it's over I wonder what did I do? Well I did;
read 2 and 3 of the Vampire Twilight books, read my book club book, A Town Like Alice, I got most of my lesson for Feb. done, at lest the maim ideas and plans. I finally finished the 9 towels I had to make for the girls who have been ordering them all year. Finished edging a baby blanket. We did a DI clean out,I cleaned the laundry room, went to see a good friends new home, cleaned up Christmas, had Jodi's B-Day, did 3 of my 7 visiting teaching, have gone to Physical Therapy 2x's a week. I've started the Book Of Mormon again and even bought myself a study guide.
If I started to list all the things I thought I'd get done this blog would go on forever and ever. So my point is: Do we ever get it all done? I have decided that NO is the best and correct answerer. Because if we ever do get it all done then what do we have do live for. I truly believe we need a reason to get up everyday and plans and list to follow. I get so much joy after I know I have accomplished what needed to be done, and if the list carries into tomorrow then that's OK too.
As long as our life here on earth is a test, then I want to keep studying and practicing until I get it right, and then and only then I might say I am ready to see if I passed.
I am grateful that I never finish and that I get to keep trying.

No comments: