Monday, January 28, 2008

What a Blessing


Last night after we came home from grandma and grandpas, Melanie called and said that Pres. Hinckley had died. I am so grateful she called, because we probably never would have turned the TV on. I got on to KSL.com and watched the broadcast they did imm. after the announcement came. I am sure my feelings have been the same as millions of others, but they are still my feelings. I got a small tear so many times last night and today. It’s so strange, because there is a little empty feeling in my chest, I think I am a little surprised by that, but it’s also one of such gratitude and gratefulness for all the Love and Sacrifice he gave to all of us. Also for the sacrifice of his family. They have had to share him their entire lives and now in their personal time they will share him again. I am grateful that we were able to attend Conference last fall and see him wave his cane and almost look embarrassed by the out-pouring of attention from everyone in attendance. I truly knew I was in the presence of someone great and marvelous.

We are told that at our passing we will be greeted by family and loved ones, and we will then be in the presence of our Father in Heaven. Pres. Hinckley was not only greeted by his dear sweet wife but I am sure he was welcomed back with arms outstretched by Christ himself and our Father in Heaven. And he knew them as well as he knew his wife and family.

I know that we will continue to be lead and directed by Men of God and their words will be words inspired by the Lord. We are in good Hands.
My personal love and appreciation for Pres. Hinckley is a warm and comforting feeling.