Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Fathers Day


I almost forgot to finally spill the beans about my Secret. Fathers day was a really nice Sunday. We went to church were Jodi gave a Sacrament talk about The Faith of Our Fathers and she did a really great job and also a really nice tribute to her great dad. I don’t think she gives herself enough credit when she talks because she just talked 3 months ago and both times they were very good talks. Jodi was also put in the new Young Women’s Pres. As the 1st and 2nd councilor. We have a very small YW’s group.

Gordon and Jessica came to our meetings also, then we just went home and got ready for our
Bar-B-Q , played with the dogs, relaxed in the shade and waited for Melanie and Justin to come.

Anyway back to fathers day and the big Secret. I was able to surprise Kim with tickets to one of his many favorite singers. Jimmy Buffet. He is coming to Las Vegas in Oct. and a friend of mine who knows he loves his music was also waiting to get tickets for her husband and so she called me when they went on sale and got all our tickets. It was hard to wait to tell him, but I was really excited.

Now I know men have a different way of showing their excitement, but the build up was so great for me, and I had told a few people, and just could hardly wait for him to see the tickets. A little excitement in the voice, or face, or something would be nice. He did say he was excited to go and thanked me , but I think my kids were waiting to see my reaction more than his, because he doesn’t show any reaction, so I got a little disappointed and hoped he was really surprised and excited. He said he is both. But when you get the same reaction to new Levis and a shirt it’s hard to tell.

I am so very grateful for a great husband who has been a fantastic father to our children, and shows us all the time how much he loves us.



1 comment:

Kami (tayo) said...

Dude, you should have told me! My husband is a total Parrot Head! Do you think there is any chance of getting tickets? I'll have to check. That's a kool suprise! Sorry he didn't turn cartwheels as you expected! Our darn expectations get us in trouble every time! :) What an awesome wifey poo!