Friday, June 13, 2008

I Shook the hand...

Today was just as busy and crazy as everyday seems to be a work, and we had just received a pt., at our door step literally, who I knew nothing about, who had come by ambulance from another city, and the paramedics and the pt. were at my desk waiting for a room, and I was at the end of my rope. I couldn't say the things I wanted, and quickly made some phone calls to find out what was going on, and as kind and professional as I could I put him in the only room I had open at the time. I was so ready to scream at someone, anyone for putting all of us in that spot. As I was walking back to the desk I saw, down the hall, Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife.



I was suddenly humbled. And so totally out of my character I really wanted to shake his hand. So I quickly went to the other hall where they would be coming down and started walking towards them and I just put out my hand and said Elder and Sis Perry what a pleasure to meet you both, and they, with warm smiles took my hand and just said thank you, by then everyone at the desk was watching me and I suddenly felt a little awkward but he just asked about who he was there to see and I told them what I could and just added to have a nice day.



So the point to my story is how good I suddenly felt, nothing had changed with my very horrible day, but I had changed. I was honestly a little charged for the remaining few hours and I was so careful of the things I said and my actions, almost as if I might be being watched. Well dah, I am being watched not just by the people around me, but by the Lord, so why does it take a quick, little experience like that to make me act differently or at least be more conscience of how I act? I will have to answer that for myself by myself.

I am grateful for my little experience and even more grateful for my personal insight.

1 comment:

Kami (tayo) said...

Sarah W. came into the breakroom Tues. saying how embarrased she was. She said a gentleman was walking down the hall and she looked at him and said, "You look familiar." He smiled and asked for the room he was looking for. A few minutes later the nurse came out of the room and exclaimed, "L. Tom Perry just asked me for an extra chair!!" Then Sarah knew why he looked familiar. We had a great laugh! I got a little peek of him in the room. Pretty kool!