Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Number game

Day 18/11,
      My mouth sores, I only had a few really bad ones, are healing up so now I can swallow with out pulling so many painful faces.  And in my professional opion once a side effect has come and now healing, that side effect shouldn't be allowed to come again.  One time only!

     Today and Yesterday I received more platlets and blood.  #12 units  for plasma and #5 Units for the blood.  But the good new is I'm still right on track.  Today I had 300 neutrophiles, which is from zero,  which means my marrow is starting to, try really hard to start working!!!!!!  So until then I will keep receiving the things I need the artificial way. 

     With all the fluid everyday, with the IV medications, and drinking 2L, my poor feet,ankles, legs and today my knees have some bad edema.  I have it in the morning too and it worsens as the day goes on, so no skinny ankles anymore.  

     It is getting harder and harder to remember 3 min. ago, or I forget the ending to a story, or why I was telling it in the first place.  I've heard about the Chemo Brain for the last 4 years, and I totally believed those who talk about it.  Now I'm part of the group who has chemo brain. Once today it  felt like my thought went through a trap door, just gone. It does get better the further  out from chemo your are.  I am kind of laughing as I write this, there is no such real medical diagnosis of chemo brain.  But it is still real none the less!  I am glad I have always been a list maker, so I have to write it down as soon as it comes to me, I'm really doing Okay, I have not yet gone CRAZY, could be soon, but not today.

     My eating and drinking fluids is still a problem.  I had Kim bring in one of my camel-backs, that keeps things colder and also propel water flavor, so that really has helped.  Eating, there is still some brain stomach connection that just isn't happening, I do have some nausea, but not a lot, so maybe it's like my memory problem, the desire to eat went out a trap door. 

    Being here you don't get to socialize much, if someone is walking in the hall I say HI, but I did get to know one gentleman and his wife,  They are both so sweet and so now when we see each other we visit and give an update.  He and I started the same day, different cancers, somewhat the same treatment.  But his wife says he is struggle too, to get out and walk, to eat much, and just general lethargy.  I don't want anyone to go through this, but when you talk to someone who understands it is comforting, and feels supportive.  We all want each other well and able to tolerate this treatment.

     Pictures in blogs make it for a fun read, but mine is keeping myself updated as this process goes along.  I have so many things to be grateful for, that I am on track, PT called me her only compliant pt. so far, that I have family and friends sending their love, prayers and support, and such smart people who are caring for me, which makes me feel confident about my care. 

    

       

            

No comments: