Saturday, December 31, 2016

Up-date

     I've run into a few friends that told me I needed and up-date.  So far today I am at day 30, that's how the Stem Cell program works they go by days.  I came home 2 weeks ago, I got to exchange my Hospital Christmas wall for my beautiful Christmas Tree and home with the people that I love.  We had a pretty quite Christmas until evening when the kids all came over,  Everyone was healthy, that's the key word around here.  It was wonderful to be with everyone!!!  


     I have been going everyday up to McKay Dee lab/infusion therapy  to have my blood drawn to check mostly levels for my platelets and my WBC.  Then most days I go back to McKay Dee to receive a unit of platelets.  There have been a day here and there that my levels have been good enough to skip a day.


     Now there is a problem regarding the low platelets.  I should be producing them on my own and my level should be much higher.  So Friday, the 30th I had to have a bone marrow biopsy, my 4th, to see if they can figure out why I'm not producing them yet.  We have a Dr. appt. next Friday for the results.  But a great event happens tomorrow, I get to skip a day for blood draw,  that hasn't happened sense I came home. I'm so happy.  I get to sleep in!!!!!

     I'm still tired. some days are better than others.  I still have the crappy nausea, worst in the morning, so I'm doing the pregnancy trick of a cracker in the morning and then a nausea pill.  I do get frustrated about still being so tired and exhausted so easily, and just not feeling good,  Still wearing a mask everywhere I go and today was the second time I've gone into a store.  I'm picky about where I will go, needs to small with not a lot of people.

     My PA said I need to add a week to my "sitting" arrangement because of the low platelets, low WBC and I still have a central IV line.  So all in all I'm not quit where I should be, but once they figure out why, they will fix it, or so they say, but that's my prayer.

     I have so appreciated everyone that has helped with being my sitter and the ward sisters that brought in meals and all the prayers and words of support and love. My family is amazing, my husband is my rock, he never complains, he works from home when needed, he drives where ever we. me, needs to go.  I have so many blessing and things to be grateful for.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just continue composing this kind of post.
see this

Michelle said...

I love you dear friend!