Monday, February 2, 2009

Blessing day

Sunday was so much fun and I have to admit, it was much funner as the grandma and not the mom. I don't remember a lot of specifics of the day that our children were blessed, but as a women who worries way too much I am sure I was more focused on the clean house and having enough food. But as the grandma I got to just help with the house cleaning, food preparation and really enjoy the baby and the event. Justin gave him a very special blessing that came from the spirit. Baby H is smiling now and seems to enjoy being played with and having silly noises made at him, something Jodi and Grandpa do very well. I think they missed their calling and should have been baby photographers. Melanie and Justin did a very nice job at all the preparations and are also doing a great job as the parents, we are very proud of them both.

The cameras were going most of the day, the pround mom and very proud real grandpa (the one the bibs about)

The food was great and plenty for everyone
Great aunts and uncles and Matt & Jenny along with some second counsins came to celebrateGrandpa Scott Lafeen


I got a little emotional a few times really missing my mom, one of baby H's great grandma's who I know got to meet him and was there in spirit. It was just one of those events I couldn't share with her and make her a part of. The term "Life Goes On" keeps being said in my head and I hate it and will never say it to anyone out loud, because it doesn't make it any easier.

I love being a grandma and am so thankful for the many opportunities that await me.

1 comment:

japetersen said...

I missed Grandma, too. In fact I miss her every day!
Judy