Saturday, June 11, 2016

OUCH OUCH

     New update,  I went yesterday for what I again assumed was a regular MD appointment and then chemo.  I was told once again that my chemo wasn't working. 1st OUCH!  It was because of the symptoms I've been having of fevers and new pains, and being so tired all the time, but either way it's not helping.  So onto chemo number 3.  This coming Friday, if the LDS transplant team approves the new drug, I will start it.  I asked a few more questions today about the drug, and was told the first time I receive it, it will take about 8 hrs.  I will be sitting in a chemo chair for 8 hrs. hard to think about. I'll need to find a good TV series, some good music and take a long nap.  I guess there is about 4 hrs. of pre medications then the drug is started.   So each time after that it's only about 4 hrs.
     But the good news is I've been approved for the stem cell transplant.  I still don't have an actual start date, but I did have a Bone Marrow biopsy, second OUCH!  They drew a bunch of blood and I guess I'm moving forward.
     Boring I know.    
    
      

No comments: