Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tis the season


It's not really winter yet, or Christmas, but on Monday two reminders of those things came to me.
1st. I leave for work at 4:30 a.m., and it was the first really hard frost at our house. All the outside cars had thick, frozen rain/frost on their windshields and my warm truck was cozy in the garage, and no scraping had to take place. I lived,(driving years) since I left home, but even there the garage wasn't mine, for 29 years without a garage. I am so grateful that I have a safe, weather proof garage and that even though it is a 2 car garage, and only one car can fit, that I am the one. Thank you family.

2nd. A number of years ago Kim and I were trying to come up with something different to help with the Christmas spirit. We decide to visit and to thank a few couples in our ward for the great example they were to us and our children. As a family we pick 4 couples. We bought a loaf of Great Harvest bread and honey for each and went out on our visits. I think we were all a little nervous to just knock, unannounced, and say why we were there, especially the kids, but they all went. Those were some of the nicest visits I can ever remember. The couples of-course were so sweet and invited us all in and we just visited. We really should have made that a yearly event but we didn't.

So many people come and go in our lives, many make an impact for the good and others do not. Somehow we need to thank those who do, not necessarily with gifts but at least with words.

This past week at work I had the opportunity to care for one of those men who we visited that season. He is now a widower and was very sick, but he has healed great. But I was grateful that once again I could visit with him and be reminded why he is so special.We are all blessed to have great influences in our lives and we need to let them know how we feel about them.

No comments: