Sunday, February 3, 2008

Help, It's a White out!








Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow. Someone said in Relief Society today they were so grateful for the snow, 2 months ago that is. I honestly wondered if we would get a phone call this morning that our meetings had been cancelled, no such luck. If you’ve ever gotten that phone call it’s the greatest feeling. Mine have come related to work, when you’re not need, because the amt. of pt’s is low. We keep tract of that and my last one was on 1/1/07.

I am glad we didn’t cancel, the Whites wouldn’t have gotten their baby blessed with all their family around and some drove long distances, we wouldn’t have heard the testimonies of such great strength and faithful people both young and old alike. One sister is 84 and has more energy and pep than her 8 yr. old primary class. I wouldn’t have gotten to hear Kim’s great Sunday school lesson on doing what the Lord asks us to do, not saying “I’ll try, or I’ll see”, but “yes I will do”. I would not have gotten to give my lesson on the Value and Worth of women, and present the program “Becoming an 8 Cow Women”. It’s were you pick out different goals for yourself and ear a total of 8 cows. Example: Go to the temple 7 times in 7 months, earn 3 cows, save one months worth of income in 7 months and put it away, earn 2 cows, go 7 days with no TV, earn 1 cow, (not worth it to me), say your prayers day and night, become a full tithe payer, read the Book Of Mormon in 7 months, and so one and so one. I was worried that the sisters would think this was just another thing to do or a Burdon in their lives and would not be too excited. But by the reaction of the sisters and comments afterwards they seem excited, and many said they needed some new goals and a way to develop some personal growth, in becoming closer to our Father in Heaven.

So even though we got clobbered by snow and wind I am grateful we still had the opportunity to attend our meetings and share the gospel with one another.

No comments: