Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just a week

This has been just a week. Last Sunday was great, the kids and mom were all here for dinner and to watch conference. I love having everyone home, and talking an laughing and we even started Jodi's wii tournament. I didn't do very well. Listening to conference may have been a little more difficult with that many people in the house, but I was able to listen and enjoy the words spoken, I do know that I need 2 couches in the family room, if we're all going to hang out in one place.

Monday I went with mom to her Dr. appt. that wasn't so fun. Mom was given news, she sort-of already knew, that her kidneys are starting into failure. But after getting my own second opinion I was told she is probably a long was off from actual failure with the numbers I gave him, so that was good news. This has been a rough week for mom and thinking she had to decide right now what she would do, but she does have a while yet. Good news for all of us.

Tuesday. Starting Sunday night my left lower side had started to hurt and all day Monday, so I knew what that meant, my diverticulitis was flaring up again. It's been 16 months since the last one, but I knew what is was. So off to the Dr, I went and he gave me the whole lecture about coming in sooner and not eating anything that will hurt it. So I got started on the most awful antibiotic known to man, so now I get to share in Mels morning sickness, but mine only has to last 10 days. I then got ready for enrichment night, where we just had our recipe exchange of casserole dishes. I couldn't eat much, but I love just sitting around and talking with the sisters that come. We didn't have a huge turnout, but the Elders happened by and they really enjoyed the feast. I did get some really good ideas for another time.

Wednesday I had, what I hopped, would be my last knee Dr. Appt. I got there at 1105for a 1110 appt. The sign was up that said the wait was 60-90 min., long. This has been the case every time I have gone there, even for an appt. at 0930. How does this happen? I was so mad by time I got into the office for my 2 min. appt. I told him I was fine, I didn't need to ever come back. He apologized and said you just want the hell out of here, and I agreed. But my knee does feel great. I then went home and did a 2hr. teleconference for work, and sat wrapped in blankets because our power had been off and was for a total of 6 hrs. But I did get to crochet while getting paid to listen and make comments now and then.

I called in sick on Thurs. my B-Day, which my family was glad for, so we had an little impromptu dinner, ( we celebrated Sunday with everyone), Gord and Jess happened by, Kim was out of Town, and I got some great gifts from everyone. Then I went out new sister visiting with our presidency and we only had one new young sister tell us she didn't want any church contact, that's pretty good for us.

Friday was off to work again, I could get used to only working one day a week. A very busy as usual day, with only a few really scary situations. Then home, a quick change of clothes and off to a wedding shower, which I had forgotten about and thanks to Jodi who got a cute gift after work for me.

Now it's Sat. Slept in. Helped Jodi with a wedding gift for tonight. Now I am blogging and I really need to do house work, so I can start my next week with a fresh face.

I am so grateful I have a reason to get up everyday. It may not be exciting, it certainly has no thrills, it may have pain involved for me or others, but I am still glad to be a part of this great plan and have a great family and friends.

3 comments:

... said...

Crappy week...but it's a new week and I just know it will be better. Especially on Sunday when Gordon and I come over. That's always a good time! We end your week right!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Melanie said...

Hey... what happened in the last few weeks?