Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not yet ready for AARP

Once again I have been a blog slacker. There have been some things going on in my life, and I’m sure most will be boring, but that’s my life.

I did discover today I’m not as old as I thought. Karen and I took mom to her esophageal scope (EDG) today and everything was sort of OK, she was some irritation in her stomach, but no real reason for the constant vomiting, (Yuck). But afterwards we got her home and I made her lunch and then a salmon loaf that she wanted for dinner that night., (Yuck again). But anyway I went to open the can with , what I thought was the can opener, it’s called Lids Off. Well it’s not a can opener, it only takes lids off of jars. So needless to say I about broke the thing trying to then get the can out of it. I finally called the manufacture and he said “this happens all the time”, but only to idiots. He explained to me what to do, but it would take two people, well I was only one person, so after about 15mins of really working hard, my exercise for the day, it finally came off.

Then I found the real can-opener, another hand free gadget and got the top off the can, but the dang thing wouldn’t stop running , the lid was off and stuck in it, and it just kept going around and around and around. I made the whole casserole and it’s was still running. I finally went out to the garage and found some pliers to flatten the top so I could get the stupid lid off.

So I’m not quit read for the senior citizen gadgets yet, but when I am I will be ready.

A few past family events. Matts B-Day dinner and cake. Jessica’s graduation. Mothers day dinner at Paul’s with mom and a very nice dinner. Memorial Weekend, Kim and I went on Friday and did all the family greaves, Sunday we had a great time at the cabin with the Hardcastle family (see Melanie’s pictures), then Monday we all went as a family to see Indiana Jones., and Bar B-Q. It was a lot of fun and as always I am grateful for my family and love being with my kids, and just hanging out together.










No comments: