Friday, July 4, 2008

4th

Ok I haven’t forgotten how to Blog. But I just haven’t had a ton to say.

Happy 4th or now the 5th. We had a nice day. Mostly relaxing and visiting, but there was some action stuff by some family members. Kim, Matt, and Justin did a very long and exhausting hike which started about 0530. They hiked to the top of Mt. Olympus, something Kim and Matt have never done but had always wanted to. They all came home very tired, but they all said it was worth it and not as bad as they thought it would be.
Mel and I went stroller shopping and may I just say, babies butts and their rides are treated with a lot more respect than any baby I ever had. I really haven’t looked at this stuff so close before, but my-o-my you’ve come a long way baby!
Then the festivities began. I reserved Kim’s office area again and we had great food, fun entertainment, mostly provided by the young and those who are young at heart, nice conversation and a few mighty wind blusters.

The rock climbing wall is a favorite by the little kids, including Jodi. I think they don’t have as much weight to haul up the side so the work load is easier. Paul tried the tight rope; Gregg tried some kind of climbing post.


But then the water slid came out and the wet and wild fun began. Those who were the young at heart (Paul) showed us a good time. The big boys, Justin and Matt, had to learn ways to no burn their knees. The little kids could run, body slam and slid to the end without fear of damaging any vital body organ. Matt wasn’t to luck when he and the yellow post became friends. And the rest of us just laughed and tried to stay dry..


We were sorry that the rest of the family couldn’t make it, but we hope we can all be together next year and carry on the Family 4th tradition. We really missed mom and wish her well in her rehab stay. I am always grateful for any reason to be together as a family, so the 4th was a great day.

No comments: