Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Better choice next time

I have to share some movie feelings. Kim and I don't go to R rated movies. That doesn't mean all the PG13's we've seen are worth the viewing either, but we are usually pretty picky about what we see. We really like to go to movies. I think we are making up for all the years when our kids were young and to go anywhere we had to get sitters.

Back to the movie. We went to Dark Night. Should have been titled "Evil". Should have been rated "R" for rotten, plus I could have skipped it. When I think of Bat Man I think of good over coming Evil, the bad guy being dealt with and a happy ending. Isn't that what make-believe is all about. Getting to see great strength, power, new gadgets, superman speed, fast cars, and men in tights. The guy gets the girl and the bad man is out of the way. I guess there is a reason I don't go to shot-em up and slit their throat kind of movies.

I think I was mislead about this movie. Good does not over come evil. Evil wins. People die who you would not usually see die, at least not in the type of movie I thought this was. (I can't give too much away) just encase some still want to see it. No new gadgets just sick stunts. A few fast cars, but just way way too much killing. No men in tights, just really bad make-up.

I haven't been this disturbed by a movie in a very long time, in fact I can't even remember when I was. This is 2hr and 20 min. of slow, demented, horror. People in our audience actually clapped and cheered at the end. I couldn't even figure out why. The last scene is truly evil winning, who cheers for that? Enough said, it gets 1/2 stars from me for good acting, because the actors make you hate them. Next is Momma Mia, I know I'll love that one, Abba already fills my I-Pod

Positive ending to our date night. I have been on a quest to find the best Pot-Stickers with the best dipping sauce. I may have found them, but not both at the same Chinese restaurant. The best sauce for sure so far is at Golden Jade, on Harrison Blvd. in Ogden. This a a tiny hole in the wall, restaurant where you are served on paper plates or take out containers. But their service and food is fantastic. I liked to Pot-Stickers, but loved the sauce. The best Pot-Stickers so far has been at the Mandarin in Bountiful, again great food, ceramic plates but more money. So now I just have to find a place with both. I will enjoy the search.

I am grateful I have choices is life.

No comments: