Sunday, July 27, 2008

Winner takes it all

I have been "put in my place" about the Dark Night movie, mostly by my kids but a few others also. I really think I got it, but they are insisting that I didn't. None the less, it was dark and a little too evil for me.
Moving on. Mamma Mia was so much fun, my family said they don't have to see it because they know I"ll buy it. They're right. I can't wait. I have always been an ABBA fan. And that has never been a popular thing to be, at least not in my house. I have all their Gold Cd's and my I-pod/shuffle had all their songs already.

Jodi her friend Shelly and he mom Ann went late Fri. night. Jodi told me I couldn't sing along, and if I even hummed she'd give me "that look". I couldn't help but tap my foot. It was so fun to see all the dancing and singing and how great of shape all the "older actors" are in.

It's too bad that the whole premise of the movie is about a young girl who has no idea who her father is and neither does her mom. But they have a great time trying to figure it out. It's light, it's fun, you smile all through the movie and you know they had to have a great time filming it and being is such a fantastic setting. It gets 4stars and during the song "winner takes it all" Meryl Streep should get an award.

I am grateful again for choices, a better one this time.

No comments: