Monday, August 18, 2008

A little Culture

So the comments have been made that I don’t blog often enough. Too Bad!


But this weekend was fun. We had a little USA History and Country rock history last week, and this week we had even more. Sat. Kim and I went to the Capitol building to see the Declaration of Independence on display. The crowds were amazing and the wait was 2 or more hours to walk right up to it for a photo shot, which we opted not to do. We did see it however and it was great just to see the little video they had made and also the amount of interest there was. We stood behind a great scout leader with his troop for awhile and I thought “what a great leader to take his time out and spend it with the boys“. We did wonder around the new building and went into the Supreme Court room and the Senate and House chambers. We did get to see the Declaration, we just walked up on the side of the roped off area and again from up above. So we’ll just have to use our memories as our photo.

Then we were off to the Monet to Picasso exhibit at the U. I was able to see my first and up close real paintings by some very famous artist. My first Vincent van Gogh and all the others. It was a good experience to see them, but my only problem is I can’t walk that slow. My back was killing me by time we were done. I guess I could have just left Kim and looked at a faster pace and moved more around the crowds but I didn’t. The art and the bronze statues were great to see .I was glad we were able to go.

The little out of place video of Winner takes is all is a mystery as to why it is there. It was downloaded a month ago with the blog entry “Winner take s it all“ and it would not appear and then suddenly there is was so enjoy.
I am grateful that I can enjoy a little piece of history now and then.

No comments: