Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On my own again

I am truly on my own, and I'll see if I like it or not, I am already a little lonely.(before)

Last Friday Kim and our boys and his brothers Ryan and Greg and nephew Paul left for a 7day back packing trip into the Wind Rivers. They had this in the works for months and months. They all seemed pretty pumped for the adventure, I just call it work and dirt. They have done this a few time before and last year Kim couldn't go because of his back, so I know he was pretty excited. They are planned home late Thurs. night.


Today Jodi left for Girls camp. Now hers I could handle, they are going to a private cabin on Bear Lake. They too having been planning this for a while, but their food and gear doesn't have to be carried on their back for miles and miles and they have showers. Now that's my kind of girls camp.


So it's me and Simon for a few days. I'm sure we can handle it. But I really do hate the quit at night.

I have to go back to work tomorrow after being off for 18 days, so that should be a trip too. I am so thankful that we all have so many opportunities in our lives and we are blessed to have great people to share them with.

2 comments:

... said...

I hear ya! That's why I'm staying at my mom's while Gordon is gone. The only bonus is that I'm almost done reading my book...other than that, I'm ready to have my husband home!

Melanie said...

Justin's always been gone a couple weeks out of the year. I always think I'll get a lot more done then I ever do. I think the next time is a few days next month.