Monday, October 27, 2008

Lists

I have always been and hope to always be a list maker. It has kept me organized and usually running on task for many many years. It can also cause great anxiety when I can't get everything done that's on the list, but I will usually just put in on the next one. This week is so crazy and my list has been moved up to an agenda form. I had to start with Sunday after work, which is usually a day I don't need a list, but like I said this week is crazy.

They are starting destruction of my kitchen and front room on Wed. But before that I have to finish cleaning out all the cupboards and move all the furniture. The front room is done, but we added redoing the hall bathroom to the list, so this weekend Kim installed a new toilet for mom and Jodi prepped and painted and so now I just have to decorate and get it out back together.

But tonight Monday I have to go out to Mom's place and do a few things with Karen and then I am staying the night with Mel to actually baby sit an unborn baby. That will be fun, then home Tues. and tons of shopping and organizing for the soon to be baby shower,and getting us some food we can eat without a kitchen to use, then Wed. we have a funeral of an dear friend who died too young of cancer, and later that day a staff meeting, then Thurs. work, and back again to salt lake for a meeting for mom, back to baby sitting the unborn and Friday making the food for the shower with last minute stuff and back home again to hopefully enjoy the nothingness of my home and new big space and make sure they are doing what I want done. (the contractor will probably be glad I'm gone a lot).

So right now I had a minute while I wait on the dryer and lunch so I thought I'd do an update. I hope this project won't take too long and I will soon have some before and after pictures, but not today. Kim and my kids have been fantastic about this whole thing and I love them tons. They each take a project and help so much. I am grateful for the many blessings I have and the opportunity to have mom come stay with us.

No comments: