Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I did on my weekend vacation


This past weekend Kim and I went to Las Vegas for the Jimmy Buffet concert. You might remember I surprised him at fathers day with the tickets. I think I might have teased him about his excitement, or lack of, when he got the gift, but it more than made up for my lack of excitement at the concert.


I just don't do LOUD, maybe it's an age thing, but I'm pretty sure it's just a me thing. I had said to Jodi before I left, "Jimmy Buffets music is mostly mellow, so this shouldn't be too loud, right?" I could not have been more wrong. I did have a good time though, I just wish he'd played more songs I was familiar with. I think Kim had a good time. In Kim's blog he made mention to the people and their actions that we saw over and over again, but I must admit the people around us, at the concert, us were very entertaining.

We had a group of 4 couples just to the right and down one row that I could have watched all night. They came pretty sloshed (? real word), but every few min. one of the group would leave and come back with 2-4 packs of beer or mixed drinks and a big gulp size cup of Jello shots for everyone. Then they would leave and probably take a bathroom break. I hope they were good friends because some of their touchier feelie actions, to wards each other, could possible be embarrassing the next day if they weren't. The other thing I thought, it was a good thing they were in the cheep seats, because they won't remember the concert in the morning and they spent 4 times the ticket price on over priced beverages.

We had a great place to stay. A friend, who didn't even get to come, got our group free condos with her mom's time share, so that was great.

I'm not sure I can top that gift for next fathers day, but I'll have to try.

You know the famous saying what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, well I'm grateful that the ickie feeling I get in Vegas leaves me, once I leave. And the only money we dropped was at the Outlet Mall.

1 comment:

snow family said...

Your such a party girl Leeann!! :) Just wanted to say "hi" and thanks for everything! I was in vegas this weekend too!