Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Off Work

Add ImageWhen we were planning on Mom coming to live with us, I had asked for 3 weeks of FMLA so that I could get her settled, get the help that would be needed, and just get our life together going. Well I didn't need those 3 weeks for that reason anymore, but my boss said do what you want, so I took the time anyway, with all the intention of going into work each week, NOT!

I have enjoyed this time so much. I have been able to spend a lot of time with Mel and Hyrum. I was able to stay for 2 days when they came home from the hosp. and they have in turn been to our home 3 times, I got to go with them for his adorable baby pictures too.
I was able to have thanksgiving dinner at our home with the new kitchen/great room dig. I have gotten a lot of my Christmas shopping done, and all the decorating too, with the help of Jodi who also had taken some time off work.


I've been able to clean and get a few things organized with the new kitchen, We even cleaned all our blinds which is an amazing task, because I hate cleaning blind.
Our bi-weekly Sunday dinner was fun, we ate, held Hyrum and watched Gordon cut his own hair with the help of Matt.




Now everyone has gone back to work and school, except me, and I still have plenty to do and get ready for Christmas. I work this coming weekend, but then another week off after that. We will be having both our family Christmas parties next week and we will be starting to work more on mom's home which is something I am so not looking forward too.

Live goes on and I am thankful for the season of Christmas with all the traditions and also remembering what was sacrificed by the Savior for us.

2 comments:

Kami (tayo) said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your time, but hurry back! We miss you!

MARS said...

oh how nice to have that 3 weeks off! i took 3 months off! ha. well i just wanted to check in and say hello. make sure to tell everyone hi for me and i'm so excited to see you and everyone else back at work! less than a month!