Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time flys

As usual I haven't been good at updating the events of our lives.

GORDON Graduated from College.http://okdarlin.blogspot.com/2008/12/so-now-what.html He didn't want any fan fair and fuss made, that's just him, and he wouldn't do the ceremony at all, so we went to dinner as a family and told him we were very Pound of him and just celebrated quietly. He has worked very hard and was always doing homework, but he also was able to work full time, get married, buy a house and get it running, do family and friend activities and tolerate 2 dogs & not go in debt for school, (and pay for it on his own). He is the 3rd child of 4 to graduate and we are happy for all of them, and #4 is working towards his degree right now. It really is a great feeling to know that education is important to our family.

Melanie and Hyrum had another baby shower given by her inlaw side, and it was a lot of fun, but one thing for sure baby H. will be very well dressed for the next 6 months and could sleep in his new toy chest if needed.
We really did finish our kitchen remodel and here are a few pictures. We love the new area and it just opened up the whole space and made having people over so much more relaxing. We had thanksgiving and then the Hardcastle party here already. I did lose some decorating space and have had to find new spots for things, but the eating and visiting area is no much better.

had already stared to move things out





old wall now gone

In decorating for Christmas this year I only put up one tree. We were trying to remember & I think it's been about 13 yrs that I have always put up two, but the work and rearranging it would of taken this year just overwhelmed me for some reason. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, because I also sent out no cards, did not make a Christmas crafts for all our families, they just got Almond Roca and an ornament (12 total), visiting teaching sisters (7 total) just got treats, no decorations, I still haven't made any English Toffee, I don't think I have ever missed a married yr. doing that, I have made no Cheese Balls, they both were Mom's favorite and I just can't bring my self to make them, I did buy all the ingredients, but they just sit in the pantry. I only got 1 new nativity set this year and it was moms, but I gave 1 away, and actually got rid of 2 more that were old and damaged. I am not feeling depressed, just indifferent and not very excited by the season, which I am usually very very excited. It might be the remodel, it might be Mom being gone, it might be I just want to spend time with Baby H. or that certain things still make me cry. It might be that I haven't been giving enough service to others and everything has been too self centered and about me and my family this year and I need to give more and think of others. Always in the past Kim and I have done our own little Christmas service to others, and we haven't even talked about it this yr. so tonight we will decide who and what and maybe things will start to feel better.
I am going to be more specific than usual in my being thankful, and I am thankful that Kim and I both have good jobs that at the moment are very secure and we can feel safe in knowing that our livelihood's can remain stable for now, and that if need be we can help our children and others if they needed it. I have a testimony of tithing and in giving back as we have been so much.

No comments: