Friday, December 26, 2008

One for the record book called memory

"How was your Christmas"? I have never really liked that question, and it is asked 100 x the first day back to work or when you see family and friends. I am not sure if it means "what did you get" or " did everything go as planned", or just what. So how my Christmas?
It could of been worse. I don't mean that it was bad at all, but it could always be worse. If you read Jodi'shttp://simplysatisfied.blogspot.com/2008/12/traditions.html,Kim'shttp://castawaydreams.blogspot.com/2008/12/god-blessed-usevery-one.html and Mel's http://lafeenfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-christmas.htmlyou will see that the weather and the growing children did change a few of the family traditions that we have spent 30 yrs. creating and that mom spent 57 yrs. creating. I know it would have broke moms heart that we were not all together as we have always been, but the only thing that is certain in life in that there will be change.

Our family talked about the many times we traveled in terrible snow storms to be at moms for breakfast and the second Christmas morning of gift giving, but I would always ask the kids if they would rather stay home and play with their new toys and see friends or go to grandma's and grandmas always won out, so Kim and I would pack 'em up and head 'em out and over the hills we'd go to grandmas house on the big day, with many a silent and verbal prayer, that we'd make the trip safely. But those are great memories that we will all keep forever, and that keeps us a strong family.


So back to "how was my Christmas". It was great and I was reminded of how loved and blessed I really am. Everyone knows how bad our weather was, and how cold and windy it got as the day went on. I was to work until 10pm and I got a phone call telling me that Kim was coming up to clean off my car and follow me home, because the roads we so bad and icy. At first I told him I'd be fine but I did give in (I actually had no choice) and he came and not only cleaned and de-iced off my car, but that of a co-worker too. Then he, Jodi and I followed each other home. I felt so much love from that one, not so simple, act of kindness, that my heart has truly been over filled with gratitude and gratefulness.

I am so thankful for his love and forever thoughtfulness. So I did have a wonderful Christmas, how was yours?


No comments: