Saturday, September 17, 2016

Tears of joy

     9/16/2016, went for regular MD appt. after my big blood draw!  Usually I've looked at my lab and have a feel for what's coming, but I didn't this time!  As he read off the ones I basically understand, the beta-light chains and a few others, he hit on the important ones and they were fabulous.  If not normal they are closer than we ever seen them.  I just suddenly had tears of joy.  Since December this hasn't happened!  I guess I'm and old fashioned gal who needed old fashioned treatment!!
     So in about 3 weeks more blood draws and those results will determine when I do this treatment again, the 4-6 day in hospital 24/7 treatment.  I'll know more of what to expect, but I'm not sure it will be any easier.
      On a side note, Tuesday the 14th my hair was coming out in large clumps. So that night Jodi was here and help me wash and comb out as much as we could, pretty sad and lots of tears, I was very greatfull to have her here and being so responsible and helping me get through it.  then Wednesday the 15th my sweet husband finished the deed with the electric hair trimmer/razor.  He did a good job, so I am officially a 5:00 shadow head until the tiny ends fall out🙄.  I'm now practicing my wigs, hats, night caps, little scalp covers and a variety of other goodies, so far my favorite is hats.
       I know I'm loved with or without hair, by all the people I love!!!

No comments: