Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Dr.s are usually right

     So what I said before that I might just enjoy naps and meals........so wrong!  My 4 days turned into 6 due to lots of IV problems and then at the end my potassium and blood count all dropped , chemo-effects, so I had a few extra infusions.  By day 4 I knew I'd had chemotherapy.  Everything I've received in the past has had side- effects, with stomach/ bowel issues, tired, metal mouth, some nausea, but this stuff had all that at a new high.  Still blessed to have no vomiting!!!!! Just thought I wanted to.
      Kim had to reminded me that my Dr. said I would be sick, so sick I am.  But it's getting better, I think, eating is still a hard issue, with weight loss, I'm hungry but as soon as I start to eat,my stomach wants to stop!!! Who thought I'd ever have wt. loss as a problem!   Just supper tired, and weak now.  Went for a short walk with Kim tonight, and I think we went 1house to far, we only went 18 houses😝. But my strength will come back too.  I took this week off to see how the recovery would go, so I'll know for next time.
      I could repeat this in as early as 4 weeks to 8 weeks.  It will depend on my labs and what the LDS team wants to do.  
      I still have hair, I have no idea when that will start to fall out.  I'm ready though, I really love my new short cut, so I'm going to have one of my wigs cut this way, so when it does happen I'm ready.   
      I am so blessed, my family is amazing, my husband is a fabulous care giver, task doer, take-out king, Diet Coke runner (not my normal habit, but it helps my stomach 👍, I've called him my "slave" but he is so happy and willing to go get my phone, get me a blanket, fix my meals, always asking what I need.  He doesn't get frustrated or angry, he doesn't ignore or become impatient, he is truly a rock I don't want to be without!!!  I love him so much❤️!  He doesn't ever read this, so if you see him thank him for being so loving and good to me!!
       

No comments: