Monday, December 5, 2016

"Eating is HARD"!




First off...........
Stella, Burton, Benson, Hyrum, Margot, Milo, Kate, Charlotte!

These adorable kids at another Santa Photo shoot.  The girls all work so hard to make their schedules work and to put the kids in such cute PJ's.  I get so many compliments on the 4 years series of pictures I have in my office of these adorable grand kids, and what a way to see their progression and so many changes.

     So eating really shouldn't be such an ordeal, should it.  Nausea and abdominal  pain seem to go hand in hand around here.  I'm also experiencing anxiety.  Probably from this little room, difficulty concentrating, nausea, trying to drink enough everyday so I don't have to have IV fluids with a little extra Nutrition in them run at night.  I have only dropped a few lbs, which I hear is OK.

     I have received 4 units of Platelets so far, I can only imagine that my Stem Cells haven't been able to rejuvenate yet and start making more in my marrow, I've also received 1 unit PRBC.  Then lots of other medications, to help with sleep, anxiety, stomach, appetite stimulant.  You name the problem they have a remedy and I'm told over and over again to tell them EVERYTHING I'm feeling.

     Sleeping in a place like this is difficult too.  There are aways lights on somewhere, hall noises (not bad), V/S needing to checked, medication at all hours and lab  being drawn @4am.  Then of course my own potty breaks and general body aches and pains, no one likes hospital beds, even with your own pillow!

     I am not writing this to share my complaints with anyone or wanting of pity or sorrow, but for me to remember what this process has been like.  I  do need to write down what medications have worked and what has not.  
   
     I can for sure that even though it's only day 6/3 (6 for chemo days and 3 for Stem Cell day, which they call my birthday).  I have been blessed to have wonderful family and friend support, I may often be slow to respond, due to laziness/lethargy at time, but everyone has been amazing.  I have been blessed to up until today not have any mouth sores.  I've feared getting them, and heard about people with them,  that I am so grateful.  My Dr., who I really like, said I'm not out of the woods yet, but I can still be grateful.

      I have so much to be thankful for, go back and look at the picture,  That even though I've had 2, just 2, little tearful moments I know I am being watched over as is my wonderful family.  The Lord knows what he doing, it's just hard to wait and figure it our for ourselves.

 
   

      

Add caption

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Hang in there. Keep fighting. We all wish we could take just a little bit of this away from you. Your testimony is inspiring. We love you, LeeAnn!