Friday, December 16, 2016

     Wednesday the 14th my Dr. said I could  go home on Friday, today, if all my numbers stay up.  So far my WBC, RBC, platelets, nutrophils are all holding their own. My bone marrow has kicked in and is working.

     Well I'm not going home today!  Yesterday morning I spiked a fever,  so again they did blood cultures, changed my antibiotics and gave more blood products.  Then last night at 6:20 pm my nose started to spontaneously bleed, a running constant bleed.  I have to admit it scared me and Kim and I both said that if this were to happen at home, we would both be freaked out.  It didn't matter what we tried it didn't stop. The on call PA got called in and after checking the bleed he called the on call  ENT and got his suggestion.  They couldn't coterize due to the fact I've been on blood thinners so it was recommended to just hard pack it to stop the bleeder.

     As he was putting the packing in, that little bit of pressure, made it stop.  I have never had a bloody nose like that or anything even close before.  But that packing was going to be miserable, he said it would of had to stay in 3 days and the pressure I did feel was gagging.

     I've been blessed in so many ways, having the fever come and go and even though it took 4 hrs to stop the nose bleed, things keep righting themselves.

     Kim stayed all evening with me until he knew I was doing okay, I felt bad he had to stay so late, but I appreciated his support and being with me.

     No go-home date has been given yet, maybe I'll hear something today.  

     

1 comment:

J said...

LeeAnn, I am glad you are able to keep this blog; makes it so we can ask how it's going without bugging you with texted requests for updates. I am crossing my fingers that since this most recent post you got good news and have been able to go home, or at least will soon be able to. I admire your strength and your grace so much! You are an inspiration. You are in our thoughts. - Jenn, Ramon & family