Saturday, September 15, 2007

Alone with your thoughts

Alone with your thoughts is never a good thing, especially the day after a funeral. Bevan's burial and memorial service went very nice, at least that's what I think.

I am very grateful for the nice turnout to American Fork, the cousins and even people from Magna. I just wish I had gotten a picture of Mom and Bevan's cousins. I really loved seeing them. Karl did a great job and his remarks were perfect,and I hope the few things I said were appropriate.

The memorial service was informative, interesting, and I personally felt really good during it and after. I thought Our Paul did a good job and so did Kindra. I really enjoyed Paul Salisbury and Sallee's remarks. They were very sincere and real. The Sudanese ladies did a nice job and I could feel of their love and fondness towards Bevan. Melanie made the comment later that both speakers said that Bevan was Bevan, who he was was who you got, very open honest and sincere. Well we never got to see that in our family circle, so she felt is wasn't true, but in that circle of people and his other life, he was real and honest. So that's how they knew him. Many of us have stated that is never occurred to us how he must have felt never finding a life long companion to be with. That had to be a hard thing for him.I am so grateful we could all be there.

Now being alone with your thoughts. I drove to Granger early in the morning to help at Haley's Super Sat. The freeway was wide open, I had a CD of Josh Corban in and I just kept thinking of things,some random, some about yest. and some about family and then the tears would come. Do men do this. Can they just cry because of their thoughts and music. I felt a little silly, but it felt good. I won't go into all the thoughts, but even when I saw the huge Gus Poulos Chevrolet flag blowing so perfect in the wind I cryed.

I'm grateful I can cry for no apparent reason and not feel necessarily sad.

No comments: