Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pears and a missing romote





The two have nothing to do with each other, but my day has been crazy. I slept in. I usually go to Curves at 6am, but didn't go until 7:30. Because last night I was up until 1am getting stuff done after work. I don't know anyone there at that time.

I came home and started pears. I actually started last night with getting all the bottles in the dishwasher. I am trying to finish up some vinyl projects for 2 different RS craft days for this weekend. So that was being done in between bottling pears. Then a gal from the enrichment board, who is trying to finish up a recipe book project, we've been working on for months, was having some issues. So I made a few phone calls for her, went over to her house and pick up some cards that sisters didn't do the right way. Even though the instructions were written right on the cards and we had told them for 3 months how to do them.

Back home for more pears. By the way when pears need to be bottled you have to do them right away or they go bad. I visited with the neighbors for a few minutes while I was outside. Back inside I couldn't find the remote and soon it would be noon and I would need to watch a rerun of Law and Order. While peeling more pears I kept looking for the remote. I'd been down stairs doing computer stuff, not there. I'd gotten ice water, not in the freezer, I'd started rewriting recipes, not on the table. More pear peeling, I'm getting nervous now because it's about 11:30. Kim came home for lunch he doesn't see it either. More pear peeling and bottling. I check the front room, bathroom, I go while I'm there. No remote. Back to peeling, after washing of-course. Now I am really worried. Do you know how long you would have to hold the up button to get to channel 138, a long time. I checked the junk drawer, boy that needs to be cleaned out, the silverware drawer. Not there. I am about ready to give in and actually turn it on manually and I finally see it on the table chair, it must have fallen off the table, I'm saved I can catch the first minute of the show, because other wise you don't know how they died, and believe it or not I'd never seen this one before, or at least I don't remember. But I never do, remember.

3 batches of pears are done, the recipes are rewritten and given back, the vinyl projects are done, I've written 2 mini talks for Bevan's graveside,Jodi has called twice today with her safe arrival and flight numbers of her next two fights. I've read all the obituary comments on Bevan, they are very nice. I've been on the phone about 25 times today. Kim brought home dinner, what a great guy. Matt has hugged me twice and is gone for a shake with Jennifer. I've figured out what to wear tomorrow and guess what, it's purple. Justin called, I can't remember what for. I've had a lengthy discussion with Paul about tomorrows funeral plans or non plans I'm still not sure and I've cryed about 3 times today. I've eaten too many Hersey Kisses, and tons of ice water.I am really really tired and tomorrow is another long and emotional day.

I want our family to always get along no matter what, and if that means stepping on toes to get things done then step away and still come up an intact family. I am grateful, I didn't forget, for all the bumps and bruises that come along in my life and make me stronger person. Remember "He didn't say it would be easy, He just said it would be worth it". (I should make a vinyl saying with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee Ann
What a great memory you have. i had a phone call yesterday afternoon with a 277- prefix. I answered the phone, hung up and couldn't remember who I had talked to and what the conversation was about. it wasn't until about 9:00 p.m. that I remembered. I am impressed that you can get it all down o your blog. I love reading it. You are a great writer.
Amen to your final comments.
Love ya,
Judy