Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just another week

It's been a week or so since I've written, and it truly has been really busy, plus probably really boring. So to just wrap it up in a nut shell, which is what I felt like Sat. night. We went through Bevan's home 2 more times this week and I guess we're done until it sells. So hopefully it sells fast. I am sure Paul is so tired of it all and the one being in charge gets to be tough. He has done a great job at keeping everything flowing and in order. So if any one knows someone who wants a high end, great area, large condo. Let him know.

Our Fun Filled Friday graft night went well. Only a few sisters who had ordered didn't show, and most everyone got their projects done. That is something I am always happy about. I feel bad when sisters take their projects home not finished or even started. You know they will never finish them. There have been years past where I've actually finished some at home for the sisters.

We had a great quest speaker. I want someone else to have her come to speak so I can bring my girls to hear her again. She spoke about having more of Christ in Christmas. She had such a strong testimony and Love of the Savior that she was just bursting with joy and enthusiasm, and it spread to everyone, or at lest it seemed to spread.

She talked about how she makes her gifts have something to do with being grateful for Christ. Gifts that make us remember him and his life and sacrifice. She encouraged each of us to try and not get caught up in the amount of gifts and instead try for the meaning of gifts. It really sounds hard, especially after doing the same things for years and years. She admitted that it isn't easy. Her way of making it easier was to immerse herself in the scriptures and service all year long, and then when the holiday season comes we are ready to share and show what we feel and what we have learned throughout the year. There is one thing she shared that I am going to try. But I am going to wait to spring to on my family until it's closer to Christmas. Most of my kids just role their eyes at many of my suggestions anyway, so I'll wait a bit to share it.

One more random thought. I really admire young parents for bringing their children to sacrament meeting. It is not an easy task, it's very hard work to keep their little bodies so confined for 70 min. We did it and I hope starting our children young taught them early the importance of attending our meetings. I had a high school girl friend who was marring a non-member and I have never forgotten a conversation we had. But part of it was that it didn't matter what you did with your children when they were young, so when hers were old enough to know how it go to church, then they would decide what they would teach them. Her logic has never made any sense to me on so many levels.

I am thankful or grateful that I can still learn new and helpful things that can not only improve my life but the lives of my family.

No comments: