Monday, September 10, 2007

Birthday at the Cabin

Sunday was grandma
Hardcastle's 72 birthday. Now you may think that is old, but she isn't old at all. She is one of the youngest 72 yr. olds I know, and trust me I know a lot of 72 yr. olds.
Most of the family was there. Ryan was sick so his family couldn't come. Melanie had to pick Justin up at the air port. He had been in Cal. for business. Jen also had to pick up Ramon, he had been home in Mexico for a family wedding. But the rest of us were there.

The cabin has always been a fun place to go for family activities. The kids have always liked to walk to the many bodies of water and usually get wet, and Sunday was no exception, but they dried off fast. This time we even took Simon. We've never done that before and he really seemed to like the ride up in the truck bed and playing with the kids and their little hikes.

When Matt got baptised he and his friend Tom Barfuss had their barbarism at the cabin, in the river, the very cold river. Both families were there and it was such a special experience. I'm sure it is one Matt will never forget, probably Kim too. It was very cold.

We always have good food and everyone brings something. It seems to be getting harder and harder for everyone to get together anymore, especially with our family, because our kids are all grown with stuff to do on their own, but I love it when they can come and even put forth the extra effort to be a part of the activities. Matt even brought his girlfriend Jennie and she seems comfortable with the family and is very friendly with everyone. Family events are the greatest pleasures in life, rather big or small, rather everyone can come or not. I have always liked planning them and even hosting them. I love the holiday parties at our home. I know they are a lot of work for those who live here, but everyone has always chipped in and did their part. FAMILY means more to me than anything and I love you ALL.

No comments: