Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Day weekend



This past Friday and Saturday Melaine, Jodi, Jessica and I had a girls weekend out. We first went to Swiss-Days up in Midway, then to Park City to stay the night and shop, shop, shop. I and hopefully the girls had a great time.

But I have to start at the beginning, because my grateful moment is not just the great time I had with the girls but for really good brakes.

We were driving to SLC to pick up Melanie and we had just come around the bend past the Beck Street Exit, and I am sure I was driving over the speed limit, sometime I do that, but suddenly the van in front had hit their brakes and I was coming up fast. Thank goodness I wasn't tailgating. But I hit the brakes, hard and fast, and I am amazed at all the things that went through my mind in those few sec. I thought about how the air bags would feel,the ruined weekend and money lost on the hotel, the phone calls to Melanie and Kim and maybe Karl because he would be the closest if he was at work, to come and get us. I worried about the car behind, because it was a small car and they wouldn't do so good hitting my back end. I felt like we would win with the least damage because our truck was the biggest. I hoped Jessica in the back set wouldn't fly around with no air bag. Jodi and I had a hold of each others arms,(why do we do that),but the smell of brakes and rubber were in the air and we stopped just a few inches from the white van in front, and out hearts were bounding and my nerves were shaken, but I was truly grateful for good brakes, good reflexes and the Lords watchful protection. I am still amazed that so many clear thoughts can go through your mind at the same time in less than one minute.

Back to Swiss-Days. It was very hot and very crowded, I had warned the girls, but I think they didn't expect quit the crowd. They were very good sports and we walked through everything and only bought a few things. We saw lots of cute ideas and stole a few for me to make, but we had a good time. Park city was fun and the shopping was good for the girls. All in all I had a great time and would love to do it again.

No comments: