Saturday, August 29, 2009

800 plus miles

30 hours and about 800 miles later we are home again. Kim and I wanted to "just get away" so we planned a little 2 day trip. It actually ended up being only 30 hours. Kim forgot he had to give a High Council talk at 9am Sunday so we cut the trip short.
1st. The Titanic Exhibit in Idaho Falls. It was a very interesting and sad at the same time. You were given a Boarding Pass as you entered with information about who you were and why you were aboard the titanic and at the end you find out if you lived or died. Kim was the famous Margaret Brown, unsinkable Molly Brown, I'm sure the older generation have heard of her, she lives, I was Jane Carr, traveling alone, back to the USA, only to finish up some business and then to return to live in Ireland with my family. I didn't live. All the way through the exhibit you read stories about those who survived and those that didn't. A Mother who stayed behind because her 2 boys, age 12 and 14 were considered to be men and were not allowed to go with her on the life boat. Wives who chose to stay with husbands, men who paid to board life boats and then sail without being full.
Great stories.
Next onto West Yellowstone, where we ate dinner and went to the musical Guy and Dolls. It was a lot of fun. The cast members were very talented and had such great energy. I at least knew the story, from seeing the old movie on TCM, Kim didn't know the story, but he loved the play too. Besides the acting and singing the costumes were amazing. I honestly thought it would be more like a high school musical or local theater, but they were very professional and I would love to go back and see another play sometime. Finally to bed. I had only slept 3 hours that morning after working all night so I was exhausted.
On to Old Faithful. It's been years since I've seen her erupt. I guess it's a her, only hers erupt, right? A few buffalo, other stops of interest and we continued home. A shake stop at La Beaus and then home.
I dose off a lot, Kim drives all the time, we got great gas mileage, from 19.6 to 24.6, lots to talk about and times of silence, making plans for family, and then plans for ourselves, that's what "get-a-way" trips are for and that is just what we did.


2 comments:

Janika said...

sounds wonderful! I am glad you two had a fun getaway. The Titanic thing sounds wonderful! I think Tate would LOVE it! He is facinated by it for some reason.

Kat said...

I love your comment about why Old Faithful is a 'her'. Glad you had a fun trip.