Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just fun

Great weekend. Friday Mel and I went to a bunch of Parade of Homes homes in salt lake and then Kim & I got to tend Hyrum. He is crawling and getting all around and is so happy to get the things he wants when he wants them. He is getting big and even cuter, if that is even possible.

Sat Kim and I ran errands together. We don't usually do that. We seem to be going in different directions most days, and Sat. we were just heading in the same places all day. Then later in the evening we went to our old wards High Priest dinner. It was so nice to sit and relax and visit with friends, friends that most of whom are now in a differnet ward(our old ward). Then we went to our new wards High Priest dinner with another couple. It was great. Almost everyone there came up and introduced themselves to us, I won't remember their names yet, but they were all so friendly and kind and there are a few people who I actually know, one is a good friends sister, and another is a gal I knew from my college dorm life. I'll say it again, I want to handle this with grace and maturity and know that everything will work out.

Moving onto Sunday. Kim and I went to the 9am session of the Oquerrh Temple Dedication service. It was packed, and worth the hour wait. (I just got there early). There were a few talks directed to the youth about Temple Preparation, but I must be young at heart because I felt like they were for me too, in staying worthy to always be able to attend and receive the blessings that the Temples offer.

Then it was Kid Sunday. Which is what is says on my calendar. But what it means is everyone comes for dinner and I love it. The noise, the mess,the clean up, the food, the baby, the dogs, the conversations, new news, updates, teasing, jokes, remembering stories, or at least retelling them, who's doing what and going where, and planning our girl get-a-way weekend. It is what we do, and I'm sure most families have the same weekend stuff, but this is my family and our rituals, and they make me happy, and the Lord wants us to be happy.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

I love Sunday dinners at my mom's for the same reasons!