Friday, August 14, 2009

Got change?

Never ending changes.
The weather, our hair, our weight, wall colors, family size, cars we drive, money we spend, money we save, decorating, vacation plans, mood, clothes, work, friends, our memory, price of gas, things we must have, addresses, habits, the list goes on and on.

Things that never change. The truthfulness of the Gospel, our love for family, change, 1st day of spring, (except leap year), and holiday dates. This list isn't as long.

Someone told me while visiting teaching last night that you can tell how mature and graceful someone is by the way they handle change. I have given this a lot of thought today because change is all I seem to be experiencing at the moment.

I am changing my job and my responsibilities, I will stay with my old job and also do the new one as needed and this is a huge change. I will be continuing my education starting on Sept. 1st. no more lazy days off and playing games on the computer. We have changed our internet provider, so I had to change my e-mail account and learn how to run our new TV remote. I recently left my comfortable ward calling in the RS and became the nursery leader. But Sunday will be a really big change. We are having our ward boundaries changed. All the wards in the stake will be realigned. I am 52 years old and have never been in a ward that needed to be divided. I have loved this ward and have made a lot of friends in the 7 years we have been here.

I exercise with a very good friend, in the ward, and we have been just sick and worried about this. We are 100% sure our little subdivision will be moved into a different ward. but the advise I got last night has helped me remember, the Church is True, no matter what building we drive to or who we sit by. I want to be one who is graceful and mature and know that this change was inspired by the Lord and I can flow with the changes and be happy.

3 comments:

Kami (tayo) said...

good advice. i went to orientation thurs. & fr. for my echo program and am feeling a little more than overwhelmed. they told us, "whatever your priority in life was yesterday, whether it was your job, family, etc., it is not your priority today. this program is!" YIKES!! the only comforting thought is that it is just temporary. like it says in the scriptures, "it came to pass...not to stay!" we'll get through it...and be smarter and have better paychecks to show for it! CHANGE IS GOOD!

Kat said...

You said that well LeeAnn. One way or another it will definitely cause some changing pains today.

Janika said...

I am waiting to hear the results!!! If you get moved to a new ward maybe you can be in the RS again...thats a nice thought right?!