Friday, November 14, 2008

A beautiful day for our beautiful mom

This is a little late but it’s taken me awhile to get some of my feelings out.

Last Saturday couldn’t have been any more beautiful. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect, the friends were many and the words spoken were comforting. As family we all know how special mom was, but we were reminded that it wasn’t just to her family, but to many more. Her example of dealing with trials and hardships was a great example to so many. But also her friendships and just plain listening to friends and new acquaintances was so easy for her. One cute little aide, at Highland wrote a sweet letter to us about mom, I’ll share some of it here. ‘I grew to love her so deeply , we had many wonderful times together. My daughter loved her also, and would always ask if she could come and see your mom….she loved unconditionally and keep a positive outlook on things….I feel very grateful to have known her and to have shared so many special and wonderful times with her.”


We all say sweet and comforting things too those who have had a death ,and never have those comments meant so much to me. “I’m so sorry for your loss, what can I do for you?” These are words we all use when ever any tragedy hits. But even those simple words mean a lot coming from people who truly care.


I have thought so much about the Here After and I can not image losing someone so close, rather it be a parent, spouse, or child and to believe that this is it. Never to know that person again, or to see them and to think they might actually just be in the ground, cold and gone. We are so loved by our Father in Heaven that he never wanted to loose any of us, so his plan to return to him and for us all to be together again is the most comforting feeling of all. Our pain is meant to be felt and to be a part of our growth and tears can be a good release and talking with others who also share the same loss helps too.


I am so grateful for my brothers and sister, we are 5 who have grown to 25, and are still growing, and the best tribute to give our faithful, enduring, loving mom is to remain a strong family, close to one another and to the Lord.

No comments: