Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Some things are hard to say


I want so badly to post about my weekend, but I am having a hard time concentrating on what I should say. Everyone else Kim, Mel, Annie, Jodi, Judi, Jessica & Haley have written such beautiful things about mom, that I need to just give it some more time.

At some point I would love to share what all happened in those early hrs. but it is just too close to my heart right now so I'll have to wait for the right time to share it. Mom was such a fighter and she worked hard right up until the end with every breath she took. She was so peaceful and looked to so comfortable. There was never any set diagnosis given for what was happening on those last few days, but End of Life is what I'll call it. It has to happen to all of us at some point she just had such a strong heart, not just physically, but emotionally too, that leaving us behind had to have been heard for her.

I will always be grateful for the time we spent together, not just the last few months but forever, she has shaped my life by her constant example in everything she did. In her home life, her mothering skills, her testimony, her actions in the Gospel, her dedication to the Lord, her love of grandchildren and family and traditions and togetherness. My one hope right now is that we will continue all the traditions and family togetherness that she started.

Good by for now, be happy and walk with ease, holding hands with dad and visiting with family, give our baby a kiss and watch over us with care, and we will try to continue to make you proud and happy remembering all that you taught and shared. Love LeeAnn

2 comments:

Kami (tayo) said...

I'm sorry for the ache in your heart. I think the best way we can truley honor our parents, both spiriual and mortal, is to live the very best lives we can that will qualify us to be with them again. Having said that, your mom was very lucky! You're in my prayers!

Janika said...

I am so sorry about your mother. You have such a great family she must have been a wonderful example. If we can do anything for you let us know. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.