Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day full of family, food, good conversations, and just a plain nice time. We hosted the "my side of the family" dinner. But, seriously I hardly cooked anything. sisters, brothers, in-laws all brought the best food ever, some great new items and some true standards. The great Slush/sprite mom always made was there for starters with cheese and crackers to wet the appetite, then the sit down dinner. The new open kitchen and front room or great room was a real treat this year, so that we could all be together and visit more. I used Mom's old cloth napkins, something we haven't done in over 10years either.

But I have to share a phone call I got that morning while preparing for the day. Hello,(me) Hi how's it going? Good how are you? I just wanted to call and wish you a happy thanksgiving and tell you I love you. Well thanks, (me). Is everything going OK? So far. Good, I just wanted to know if you are going to go pick up Angie? I think you have the wrong # (me). O my goodness I was trying to call my daughter and must have dialed wrong. That's Ok, I hope you have a great thanksgiving, (me). You too, thanks. So you might guess the rest, I started crying. I was just touched and thought of mom, she loved the holidays and the family and everything that went along with them. I also had a little mom breakdown on Wed. when I was preparing the stuffing, something I have never done without her here. I was told it turned out Ok.

I asked my brother, I wonder how long the "I need to call mom" syndrome lasts, He said "I hope forever", me too.

Baby H news. He is still cute as ever, and like we all predicted Much more alert. He and his mom have hardly slept, and they are still working hard on getting the feeding thing down. I love to hold him and look at him and give little kisses on his warm soft head. Being a grandma and grandpa is going to be GREAT and I am so thankful we are at this point in our lives.

1 comment:

Kami (tayo) said...

Happy Thanxgiving! I'm glad you had a good one! I want to come see your kitchen!