Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy but sleepless



Maybe sleep is over rated, but I have always heard you can die from sleep deprivation, and it is used as a form of torture (our own).


It must run in the family, because I can’t stay asleep. I can go to sleep really quickly, even if there is noise in the house, a kid playing guitar right under my room, a football game at the high school, and Lindsay Buckingham too loud in the Family room, but stay asleep, no fat chance. I start waking up about 1am and usually watch every hour. It doesn’t matter if I have to get up at 0345 for work or have absolutely no reason to get up at all. My brain just won’t turn back off. Kim thinks I have forgotten how to sleep. I don’t know what that means, but most mornings he finds me at he computer typing, crying, cleaning, rearranging something, or resting on the front room couch (that is actually more comfortable than my bed on sleepless nights).


I know I worry too much, about everything, getting super sat. crap done, cleaning my dusty but beautiful new kitchen, paying for my dusty but beautiful new kitchen, going through mom’s stuff, where are her rings, who wants her clothes, what is actually in the cedar chest, why can’t I get up and go to the gym any more, why doesn’t Matt go to church anymore, when will this baby come, who is coming for thanksgiving dinner, why can’t I sleep?! Sometimes you just think your brain is going to explode. O well I’ll be tired tonight and tomorrow I work so life goes on.

But Friday I had the best girls day-out ever. I had a RS pres. meeting on Thursday night and we started talking about the craft fair I wasn’t taking part in this year and 3 of us wanted to go and I knew another gall who wanted to go so the 4 of us had such a fun time. We went to the fair, to lunch and a couple of other stops and laughed and talked and ate and shopped and it was great. Those kind of days are far too far in between, but such a great shot of energy.


I am so thankful for friends and family, and being busy enough that I have plenty to think about and not be board.

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Sorry Leeann.

Annie said...

Sorry LeeAnn -

I don't sleep so well either. I wake up every morning at 3:30 and usually don't fall back to sleep. I just pretend to be asleep until about 5:30 - and then Ross wakes me up at 6:00.

We're coming for thanksgiving and want to know what we can bring. You can just tell my mom.

Kami (tayo) said...

Hey I'm dying to see pics of your new kitchen! Did you get that guy to do your carpets? I hope they come clean! I hope you can get a lot done during your time off! We will miss you!