Monday, December 10, 2007

Front row groupies



Sat. night was so much fun. Kim and I went to the Gleen Beck Christmas show. He is such a great story teller,and that is pretty much what her did. It had no political stuff, just trying to find the true meaning of Christmas and the fun and crazy stories of families and traditions that every family have. I had no idea he was so funny. Our seats were great. We were center front row, and we didn't even have sore necks watching. There were however cameras everywhere, not just for the jumbo-trons but they were filming it also. The whole show lasted just under 4 hours.
The last hour or so was an extra. Desert Book had wanted him to tape his conversion story, so SLC was the place to do that. Then there were even more film cameras everywhere. He had a great story about how bad his life had been, the unbelievable amts. of money he was making and that he snorted it all and drank it all away. But he was never happy, and he kept thinking the next job, the next pay increase the next city, the next thing would make him happy, and after he hit rock bottom and I guess his wife left him and he had thought about suicide he meet a girl who wouldn't have anything to do with him unless he had some faith, or religion. So the two of them went on a religion hunt and eventually found the strange and true church. Any way you had to be there to truly appreciate how fun and the show was, and at times how spiritual it was. Something I am sure non LDS people maybe didn't enjoy or expect.
The weekend was busy as usual but well worth it. But today I had a much to do list a of all the things I needed to get done, and I woke up with a painful head cold, so part of the day was spent back in bed and the rest just dragging butt.
I did manage to get some presents wrapped, most of my vinyl projects done, only one load of wash done, there is a lot more waiting,(it's not going anywhere) no errands ran, my phone never seemed to stop ringing. But all is well and I took a sick day tomorrow, so I'll try and finish it up then and hopefully feel better.
I am grateful that head colds are temporary and that I understand that happiness doesn't come from stuff but from doing what our Father in Heaven asks us to do.

No comments: