Saturday, December 1, 2007

I think I'm back

When people say they are so busy, we all roll our eyes and say, silently of-course, "ya right, let me tell you about busy". Well I've been sooo busy.


Thanksgiving was great and it was even spent in a log cabin of sorts. Greg and Sally hosted the dinner and did a great job. It was her first time to cook, and everything turned out nice. We were only missing the youngest Hardcastle and family, Brooke was having a lot of labour pains and so she stayed home in bed, the baby is now due in 1 week.


I've gotten a good start on Christmas, not to compare with the younger girls who claim to have it all done, but I'm making some headway.


Our ward has had 2 funerals in the past 2 weeks so we're waiting for #3, it really does seem to happen that way. Lucky or unlucky for me they seem to fall on my days off, so I get to help for hours and hours in the kitchen and clean up.


I've cleaned and rearranged and got all the Christmas decorating done and so now I can enjoy the season a little bit more. We have had one sad Nativity incident so far this year. Last year I got the Boyds Bear set and Jodi wanted it displayed with honor, so I guess it was, and Simon, with honor, ate the Camel. It was cold outside so we let him in and I guess he was hungry. Jodi thinks "we" or in other words ME can save him. You decide.


My lesson is tomorrow in RS, and the only reason I'm writing tonight is because I finally got my notes together and I think I'm ready. My topic was picked months and months ago, and it really helped that Pres. Ewing gave a talk on the same subject in General conference, Remember, Remember and write it down. I really do try and think of things each day that I am thankful for and write them when I blog. 2 weeks ago I gave the sisters a card that said; I Am Thankful for: and 10 lines, with the hope that they will have written something or at least thought of things and will be able to share in my lesson. I learned from a wise instructor once that if you want your class to care and participate ,then make them part of the lesson and make them care. So that was my goal. I'll let you know how it went. But I took my own challenge and these are my 14 days worth of being grateful.


Sun. Sundays when I get to feed 8, and Sundays when I only feed 4


Mon. E-mail with friends, the amazing world of computers.


Tues. Old friends that still let you come visit, and seem to care about you. (VT in my old ward)


Wed. Being dependable and on time for work, and my children following that example.


Thurs. That my children are learning to be adults and had to bring a side dish to Thanksgiving dinner. And I didn't.


Fri. That at this point in my life I can shop for Christmas and other simple things without having panic attacks about money every step of the way.


Sat. Hot Hot Long Long showers and no one cares and we won't run out of hot water.


Sun. Slow relaxing Sundays as work when you can talk and make a few new friendships.


Mon. My collections of Nativity sets and being able to share with Jodi our love for them.


Tues. Internet shopping and the ease and gas saving, and time saving results.


Wed. Coming home to my family after one of the worst days ever at work.


Thurs. Having a hobby I enjoy and that can make a little money, and being so busy I can honestly say "I am behind on orders" but I'll get them done.


Fri. Finding a note from Matt that said, "Mom the house looks nice, Thanks"


Sat. Being busy from early till late, shopping, funeral, Kim's work party, family wedding reception in Sandy, working on lesson and blogging. But being able to do it all.


At the party a women whom we have know for years came as a newly retired employee, and she has end stage Cancer, she isn't much older than me, and I am grateful for everything I am and have, and for the things I don't have to endure.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry LeeAnn. Now I feel guilty for asking for your help with my own Christmas stuff. Sorry.