Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tearful Sunday

I think I’ve mentioned before having days when tears are just a thought away, any thought. Well to day was another one of those days. It started out that I painted a shelve with what turned out to be bad and too old of paint and it pretty much ruined the shelve or at least has caused me tons more work before it can be hung. And I got mad at the wrong person over it. And I did apologize and someday I’ll fix the shelve.

Then I forgot that I was going to buy our choir director and the pianist a corsage. No one asked me to or put me in charge, actually I think the choir president should do it, but she doesn’t. I did it on my own last year and just felt I should do the same this year. Well it’s Sunday and shopping isn’t something I do on Sunday, plus no floral shops are open. For some reason I was prompted to call Albertsons in another city and their florist said she’d make me two right a way. I cried all the way to the store. Needless to say I didn’t turn in the receipt to the ward budget.

I also kept feeling bad and sad about Melanie and Justin’s disappointing news. It is true that having a baby doesn’t just happen to the one person, it affects every family member.

Then I find out I am not a very good person because I like people to say Merry Christmas. I won’t apologize because what season is it? It’s The Christmas Season. I also won’t push my thinking on anyone who thinks differently, but please don’t try and make me change my mind because you don’t agree with me, and I won’t try and change yours.

Finally I am a little scared about having knee surgery this week. Mostly just because I really don’t know what to expect. I am sure everything will go just fine, and I keep saying it’s no big deal, so I’m sure it will be fine.

Anyway it’s been a very tearful day to say the lest. Then I went to a gal at works mom’s viewing who died this week, and that didn’t make me cry. I am so messed up. And I can’t even blame it on hormones.

I really am excited for Christmas and all the family gatherings. It is getting more and more complicated as our families grow, but if we are willing to make a few adjustments it can all still be a great time. I am grateful for Christmas

No comments: