Saturday, October 27, 2007

Balderdash: Which is the real story?




I was skiing down the moguls at Powder Mountain and the sun was in my face and the snow was like satin ribbon, and suddenly a very cute boarder came by and took my breath away and I fell right on my left knee and the rest is history.

I was wakeboarding at Pine View trying out a toe side tantrum and I got hit by a huge wake from the other boat, I was suddenly air born and landed on my left knee.

I was running, like a good code team RN, to a CODE blue (full arrest) and my left ankle felt funny and as I took my next step I heard and felt a Pop, Pop, Pop, and then felt my knee turn and twist. That was the end of any running. I did not fall.

I was vacuuming my carpet and my foot got wrapped up in the cord and I fell backwards and in trying to catch myself twisted my left knee.

Hint: Jodi was right “Running is only for Criminals”.

But the truth is I have either torn my meniscus or torn my ACL. That is the Dr.’s best guess, but my MRI is Tuesdays night. When I got back up to my floor the other team leaders said they don’t ever run to codes. I thought we had too. Besides doing my little Curves stationary jogging & running to CODES was my best exercise.

So right now I have to wear a knee immobilizer and just be real careful. I don’t know yet when I can go back to work. So if any one has any knee advice I am listening and a little scared, because so far the shared Horror stories aren’t so good.

I am grateful that I didn’t fall and that I still have one good leg and knee that I can get around with and that today, Sat., the pain has eased up tons. Just a not so funny side note. It wasn’t even a real CODE. A little old gentleman just got tired and weak from walking so far to get to his Dr.’s office and felt faint. So anyone having to go to the new IHC IMC building, take a Moped to get around on.

1 comment:

japetersen said...

So sorry, Lee Ann!
Judy