Tuesday, October 16, 2007

first comes the mess

Early in the spring we had a pipe brake in our ceiling down stairs, in the office/Mels room. It really was a terrific flood. The water was just pouring from the light fixture and flooded half the ceiling, two full walls, all the baseboards & the carpet. What a mess we had and still do. We actually had to call our home owners insurance, and I am so glad we did. They set out a disaster crew and the place was torn apart in 1 day and staring to dry. They took out all the wet stuff and made sure we had no mildew or damp areas. We then took the settlement for the repairs to do ourselves, and thus the long repair process.

Now to the new mess. We have decide to rearrange all the rooms, and to clean all the carpets as we go. Deep cleaning is a lot of hard work but very refreshing when your done. But you have to make a mess as you clean a mess. Last night I got my frontroom carpet cleaned and things rearranged just how I wanted it, and tonight it is full of the old quest bedroom, R.S. and craft stuff( I'm getting ready to be in the fall craft fair again) so now it's a mess again. These are the times when being Samantha on Bewitched would come in handy. Wiggle wiggle of the nose and your done.

I am grateful for my families help and the ability to still do this stuff.

No comments: