Friday, October 12, 2007

Staying young


We had our R.S. Fall social and dinner on Tuesday night. It was more work than most, only because we had to move all our tables and chairs across the parking lot to our Gym building. We needed a wood floor for our great entertainment. First the entertainment.

I wish I would have remembered to take pictures, everyone would have loved them. I had a group of Tap dancers. They were a group of sisters from the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers from Ogden. They were great and sooo cute. The ages were from 58-84 yrs. old. And their sizes varied from size 2 to 24. 12 sisters came and did about 8 numbers with little custom change between each and they took turns telling jokes during their changes. I guess you are never too old to do young activities. Granted some of them didn't move their legs much, and their arms did most of the dancing, but they were so cute and fun to watch. Everyone just smiled and really seemed to enjoy themselves. Now I need a great idea for the Birthday Social in March. It never ends!!!!

Kim was a great help in moving all the tables and chairs so I guess his back is officially better. He had been to the Dr. in the morning and was told he was doing great and to just go on about his life as normal. I'm not sure he will ever be completely straight, but he even mowed the lawn this week and he isn't broken. It's great to have him BACK, no pun intended.

This weekend was special, but very tiring. I am 50 yrs. old have never been to a live General conference. I asked the Right people and was able to get tickets to both the Sat. and Sun AM sessions. I felt a little bad about getting both, but it was worth it. I'm not sure if Kim and Matt thought is was, having to get up so early, and drive down, but I did. It was a great feeling there and not being distracted by the things at home, like falling asleep, but to feel the spirit and really hear what they were saying. It's an awesome place with great messages and I am grateful I was there.

I need to up-date more often so I don't have so much to say at each blogging. I am grateful for the opportunity to have attended conference and be with a living prophet and to have heard the many inspired messages, and to know the Lord is giving us instructions to live happier lives.

No comments: